This study guide is a companion to the bestselling The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. It consists of a series of thinking points that you can ask yourself to help you to fully apply the material in your own life. The study guide follows the Section and Chapter layout of The Obesity Code.
Part One: The Epidemic
Chapter One: How Obesity became an Epidemic
- What weight loss advice have you been given by doctors?
- Does medical advice treat the symptoms or the source?
- Why are there fat doctors?
- Have your previous weight loss attempts addressed the proximate or the ultimate cause?
- Why does the excuse of not enough self discipline and dedication not stack up?
- How have the Dietary Guidelines for Americans affected the way that you have eaten in the past?
- What’s wrong with the standard Food Pyramid?